November 14 - 15, 2017
Moscow will host the All-Russian scientific-practical conference of phthisiologists with international
participation "An interdisciplinary approach to solve the problem of tuberculosis." The conference is organized by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, the Russian Society / Association of
Phthisiatrists and the National Medical Research Center for Phthisiopulmonology and Infectious Diseases
of the Ministry of Health of Russia.
During the conference the following topics will be discussed:
1. UNIVERSAL COVERAGE OF TB CARE AND PREVENTION
2. FINANCING FOR TB, MODELS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCING OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES.
3. ETHICS AND HUMAN RIGHTS IN PEOPLE WITH TB
4. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND INNOVATION IN THE FIELD OF PHTHISIOLOGY AND CONCOMITANT DISEASES.
5. MONITORING OF ANTITUBERCULOUS ACTIVITIES AND EVALUATION OF PROGRESS.
6. THE PROBLEM OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE, PREVENTION OF M. TUBERCULOSIS RESISTANCE.
7. STEPPED-UP TB/HIV RESPONSE.
8. SYNERGIES ACROSS THE RESPONSES TO TB AND NONCOMMUNICABLE DISEASES
Notable that the thematic areas of the All-Russian scientific-practical conference correspond with those
of the First WHO Global Ministerial Conference "Ending TB in the sustainable development era: a
It is planned to prepare an appeal on behalf of the professional community, non-governmental
organizations, foundations, the patient community and all stakeholders to the participants of the First
WHO Global Ministerial Conference on Tuberculosis.
The conference will be opened by V.I. Skvortsova, Minister of Health of the Russian Federation, top
officials of WHO and Stop TB Partnership.
More than 1,000 Russian and foreign specialists and representatives are expected to attend, including:
- WHO headquarters and regional offices;
- international organizations and agencies implementing activities to combat tuberculosis - IUATLD
(International Union Against Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases), Stop TB Partnership, KNCV
(Netherlands), Partners in Health (USA), Médecins Sans Frontières (Netherlands), Lilly MDR-TB
Partnership (USA), TB people, ESCMID (European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious
- BRICS and CIS countries;
- Russian federal research institutes and centers of phthisiopulmonology;
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States and China
- Harvard Medical School;
- Russian medical universities and departments of tuberculosis, phthisiopulmonology;
- TB control services from85 subjects of the Russian Federation.
Within the framework of the conference the III annual ceremony will take place to award the best
specialists ( by the Academician M. I. Perelman Foundation to Support Phthisiology and Thoracic
Conference languages: Russian and English, simultaneous translation will be provided in plenary
sessions and all symposiums
The program, information on the Conference venue, registration and other relevant information are
available at http://nov2017.rofconf.ru/en