The State Tretyakov Gallery is one of the world's biggest museums of Russian fine arts. It was founded in
1856 when a young Moscow merchant Pyotr Tretyakov bought first paintings for his collection. In 1892, the owner gave the gallery to Moscow and now it is a national museum of the Russian Art. Its collection
consists of 100 thousand exhibits and gives a clear idea of the history of Russian art. It includes about 5000
works of ancient Russian art and world famous paintings by Russian and Soviet artists, sculptures and pieces
of graphic art.